Nukeproof Mega 290 Elite Carbon Bike (SLX) 2020
Nukeproof Mega 290 Elite Carbon Bike (SLX) 2020
- Size Guide
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Nukeproof Mega 290 Elite Carbon Bike (SLX)
The Nukeproof Mega 290 Elite Carbon features 29” wheels, a carbon/alloy construction, an outstanding component build and modern geometry. This bike is engineered to roll fast and with greater stability and traction to dominate the Enduro World Series anywhere on Earth.
Fox 36 Float Suspension and Shimano SLX 12-Speed Groupset
This 29″-wheeled Mega is equipped with a combination of top-level parts to dominate anywhere on the race-circuit. It features Fox 36 Float with 170mm of travel up front and 160mm at the rear from a Fox Float DPX2 rear shock, this combination ensures trail-smoothing traction over any terrain in all weathers. This ride is equipped with a Shimano SLX 12-Speed drivetrain including a wide ratio cassette to rocket you up the steepest climbs while Shimano SLX 4-Pot brakes ensure you’re in control the whole way back down.
Modern 29er Geometry for Stability, Traction and Control
This version of the 29” Mega features a frame using a short fork offset with 170mm of fork travel paired with 160mm of rear travel, so it floats over anything. To accommodate these changes, Nukeproof slackened the head angle and steepened the seat angle significantly compared to previous versions. They also enhanced the suspension kinematic-performance to make the bike as fast and as controlled as possible. These changes improve its small bump sensitivity, provide greater mid stroke support for more predictable cornering and its increased end stroke progression gives confidence-inspiring control through even the roughest of terrain.
Durable and Lightweight Carbon Fibre Construction
Built and equipped to control the toughest and roughest enduro tracks, this gravity-focussed Mega inspires confidence on the most daring descents whilst ensuring exceptional pedalling efficiency and comfort for epic all-day mountain riding. This top-level race-rig features an award-winning carbon fibre construction at its core. Engineered with a unique blend of the highest quality carbon fibre composites, this lightweight and ultra-durable creation is constructed to win races and lift titles. Enabling you to push harder and faster than ever before, its modern geometry pushes the boundaries of performance and is more responsive, predictable and stable in even the most demanding or conditions.
DT Swiss E1900 Enduro Wheels and Michelin Wild Enduro Tyres
Ready for the demands of enduro, this race-ready steed of a 29er rolls upon DT Swiss E1900 Spline wheels and Michelin Wild Enduro tyres. This wheel/tyre setup tracks with remarkable stability and reliability as it grips and rockets over the roughest terrains with confidence-inspiring control. This bikes cockpit is fully fledged with a Nukeproof finishing kit, which includes their Horizon handlebars, Sam Hill Signature grips and a 45mm Nukeproof Neutron AM stem for immensely responsive handling performance. Also, this build has been completed with a Horizon SL saddle and a Brand-X Ascend dropper seatpost for adjustable comfort when climbing or descending.
- Frame: Nukeproof Mega 290 Carbon, 160mm Travel, ultra-strong monocoque UD woven Carbon Fibre front triangle, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set for seat stays and chain stays, Factory fitted clear paint protection kit covers TT/DT/CS/SS, Internal cable routing, Enduro Bearings, Threaded 73mm BB , Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Fork: Fox 36 Float, Performance Series, Grip Damper, 170mm, 44mm Offset, BOOST, Black
- Shock: Fox Float DPX2, Performance Series, 3 Position lever, Custom CL, LRL tune, 230×62.5mm, Bearing End (We recommend most riders use 0/1 spacers but the shock comes with 2 fitted, so you have an extra if needed.)
- Front Wheel: DT Swiss E1900 SPLINE,29″, Centrelock, 110x15mm
- Rear Wheel: DT Swiss E1900 SPLINE, 29″, Centrelock, Shimano Microspline Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Michelin Wild Enduro 29″ x 2.4, MAGI-X TS TLR, Rear: Michelin Wild Enduro 29″ x 2.4, GUM-X TS TLR
- Crankset: Shimano SLX M7100 12-Speed, Hollowtech 2, 170mm, 30T, 52mm Chainline
- Shifter: Shimano SLX M7100-R, 12-speed Rapidfire Plus, I-Spec EV
- Rear Deraileur: Shimano SLX M7100, SGS 12-Speed, Shadow Plus
- Chain: Shimano SLX M7100 HG 12-speed Inc Quicklink
- Cassette: Shimano SLX M7100-12, 12-Speed (HYPERGLIDE+), 10-51T
- Chain Guide: MRP 1x AMg CS, 28-34T, ISCG-05
- Brakes: Shimano SLX M7120, 4 Pot Brake, Metallic Pads
- Front Rotor: Shimano SM-RT70 203mm
- Rear Rotor: Shimano SM-RT70, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon 25mm Rise, Width – S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm)
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, Black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon SL, Grey
- Seatpost: Brand X Ascend internal w 1x Remote, S:125mm drop; M/L:150mm drop; XL:170mm drop
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Nukeproof Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
- Colour: Ron Burgundy
- Frame Size: L, XL, M
- Wheel Size: 29″
- Gender: Unisex
- Speed: 12 Speed
- Material: Carbon
- Fork Travel: 170mm
- Rear Travel: 160mm
|Rider Height||Suggested Mountain Frame Size|
|Feet & Inches||Centimetres||Frame Size (inches)||Frame Size (cm)||Frame Size|
|4'10" - 5'2"||148cm - 158cm||13" - 14"||33 - 37||View all X-Small Bikes|
|5'2" - 5'6"||158cm - 168cm||15" - 16"||38 - 42||View all Small Bikes|
|5'6" - 5' 10"||168cm - 178cm||17" - 18"||43 - 47||View all Medium Bikes|
|5'10" - 6'1"||178cm - 185cm||19" - 20"||48 - 52||View all Large Bikes|
|6'1" - 6'4"||185cm - 193cm||21" - 22"||53 - 57||View all X-Large Bikes|
|6'4" - 6'6"||193cm - 198cm||23" - 24"||58 - 61||View all XX-Large Bikes|
Large, Medium, Small, X-Large