Nukeproof Mega 290 Expert Alloy Bike (NX Eagle) 2020
Nukeproof Mega 290 Expert Alloy Bike (NX Eagle) 2020
- Size Guide
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Nukeproof Mega 290 Expert Alloy Bike (NX Eagle)
This Expert-level Nukeproof Mega has a hydroformed alloy frame at its core, rolls aboard 29″ wheels and has a superb component spec for effortless and reliable riding anywhere on the mountain. It features RockShox Select series suspension front and rear for speed, stability and comfort over the roughest terrains in all weather conditions. It has a SRAM NX 12-Speed gear transmission and Guide RE hydraulic disc brakes to ensure you efficiently soar up the steepest climbs and blast your way back down the most daring descents with confidence.
SRAM NX Eagle 12-Speed Drivetrain and SRAM Guide RE Disc Brakes
Engineered to help you carve your style into the mountainside with ease, this playful and reliable full suspension steed is ready exploring in the back country and enduro races at the weekends. It features a super-reliable SRAM NX 12-Speed drivetrain to efficiently climb the steepest climbs while SRAM Guide RE 4-Pot disc brakes control your momentum and your battle against gravity on the way back down.
WTB Speed Terra Wheels and Michelin Wild Enduro Tyres
Rolling upon ultra-robust, lightweight and reliable 29” WTB Speed Terra wheels and Michelin Wild Enduro tyres, for guaranteed speed, stability and grip. Plus, Nukeproof has equipped it with a superb finishing kit that includes Nukeproof Horizon handlebars, Sam Hill Signature grips and a 45mm-reach Nukeproof Neutron AM stem for immense handling and control. Plus, it includes a Horizon SL saddle and a Brand-X Ascend dropper seatpost and convenient adjustable comfort when climbing or descending.
Modern Geometry for Enhanced Stability and Control
This 29” Alloy Mega Expert features a slackened head angle and steeper seat angle for enhanced stability and control on the most technical climbs and most daring descents. This ride also features fine-tuned suspension kinematics to make your experience behind the bars as fast and as controlled as possible. These changes improve its small bump sensitivity, provide greater mid stroke support for more predictable cornering and its increased end stroke progression gives confidence-inspiring control through even the roughest of terrain.
Lightweight and Reliable Construction
Built and equipped to control the toughest and roughest enduro tracks, this gravity-focussed Mega inspires confidence on the most daring descents whilst ensuring exceptional pedalling efficiency and comfort for epic all-day mountain riding. Engineered with hydroformed alloy, this lightweight and ultra-durable creation is constructed for immense reliability and performance. Enabling you to push harder and faster than ever before, its modern geometry pushes the boundaries of performance and is more responsive, predictable and stable in even the most demanding trail conditions.
- Frame: Nukeproof Mega 290 Alloy, 160mm Travel, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set, internal dropper seatpost cable routing, Enduro Bearings, Threaded 73mm BB, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Fork: RockShox Lyrik Select Charger RC 170mm, 42mm Offset, BOOST, Debonair, Diffusion Black
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ RT, Custom ML 380 tune, 230×62.5mm, Bearing End (We recommend most riders use 0/1 bottomless tokens but the shock comes with 2 tokens fitted, so you have an extra if needed.)
- Front Wheel: WTB Speed Terra 29″, ST Light i30 TCS 2.0 Rim / 32h, 110x15mm
- Rear Wheel: WTB Speed Terra 29″, ST Light i30 TCS 2.0 Rim / 32h, Shimano Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Michelin Wild Enduro 29″ x 2.4, MAGI-X TS TLR, Rear: Michelin Wild Enduro 29″ x 2.4, GUM-X TS TLR
- Crankset: SRAM Descendant 6K Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 30T, B148, DUB
- Shifter: SRAM NX Eagle 12-Speed
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM NX Eagle 12-Speed
- Chain: SRAM NX Eagle 12-Speed
- Cassette: SRAM NX Eagle 12-Speed, CS PG1230 Eagle 11-50T
- Chain Guide: MRP 1x AMg CS, 28-34T, ISCG-05
- Brakes: SRAM Guide RE
- Front Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 200mm
- Rear Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon 25mm Rise, Width – S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm)
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, Black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon SL, Black
- Seatpost: Brand X Ascend internal, 31.6mm, S:125mm drop; M/L:150mm drop; XL: 170mm Drop
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Nukeproof Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
- Colour: Military Green
- Frame Size: L, XL, M
- Wheel Size: 29″
- Gender: Unisex
- Speed: 12 Speed
- Material: Aluminium
- Fork Travel: 170mm
- Rear Travel: 160mm
Large, Medium, Small, X-Large