Nukeproof Mega 290 Factory Carbon Bike (XT) 2020
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
- Vendor Info
- More Products
- Store Policies
Nukeproof Mega 290 Factory Carbon Bike (XT)
The Nukeproof Mega 290 Factory Carbon features 29” wheels, a carbon/alloy construction, Fox Factory suspension, a Shimano XT 12-Speed groupset and modern geometry. This bike is engineered to be faster and more stable than virtually anything else on the Enduro World Circuit and performs to exceptional levels anywhere on Earth.
FOX Float Factory Series Suspension and Shimano XT Groupset
This 29″-wheeler features 170mm of travel up front from a Fox 36 Float Factory Series, Grip 2 equipped suspension fork with 160mm of travel at the rear from a Factory Series Float X2 shock. This combination ensures advanced trail smoothing and terrain taming, so you can focus on your race times and the ride. This full suspension steed has a wide gear ratio Shimano XT 12-Speed drivetrain in its arsenal to soar you up the steepest climbs while its XT 4-Pot brakes give immense braking power and control on the descents.
29″ DT Swiss E1700 Spline Wheels and Michelin Wild Enduro Tyres
This EWS-contender rolls upon 29” DT Swiss E1700 Spline wheels and Michelin Wild Enduro tyres to guarantee stability, reliability and grip across all terrain types and potential hazards. This bikes cockpit is fully fledged with a Nukeproof finishing kit, which includes their Horizon handlebars, Sam Hill Signature grips and a 45mm Nukeproof Neutron AM stem for superb steering control and predictable handling stability. Also, this build has been completed with a Horizon SL saddle and a Brand-X Ascend dropper seatpost for adjustable comfort when climbing or descending.
Modern 29er Geometry for Stability, Traction and Control
This version of the 29” Mega features a frame using a short fork offset with 170mm of fork travel paired with 160mm of rear travel, so it floats over anything. To accommodate these changes, Nukeproof slackened the head angle and steepened the seat angle significantly compared to previous versions. They also enhanced the suspension kinematic-performance to make the bike as fast and as controlled as possible. These changes improve its small bump sensitivity, provide greater mid stroke support for more predictable cornering and its increased end stroke progression gives confidence-inspiring control through even the roughest of terrain.
Durable and Lightweight Carbon Fibre Construction
Built and equipped to control the toughest and roughest enduro tracks, this gravity-focussed Mega inspires confidence on the most daring descents whilst ensuring exceptional pedalling efficiency and comfort for epic all-day mountain riding. This top-level race-rig features an award-winning carbon fibre construction at its core. Engineered with a unique blend of the highest quality carbon fibre composites, this lightweight and ultra-durable creation is constructed to win races and lift titles. Enabling you to push harder and faster than ever before, its modern geometry pushes the boundaries of performance and is more responsive, predictable and stable in even the most demanding or conditions.
- Frame: Nukeproof Mega 290 Carbon, 160mm Travel, ultra-strong monocoque UD woven Carbon Fibre front triangle, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set for seat stays and chain stays, Factory fitted clear paint protection kit covers TT/DT/CS/SS, Internal cable routing, Enduro Bearings, Threaded 73mm BB , Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Fork: Fox 36 Float, Factory Series, Kashima, Grip 2 Damper, 170mm, 44mm Offset, BOOST, Black
- Shock: Fox Float X2, Factory Series, Kashima, 2 Position lever, Custom CL tune, 230×62.5mm, Bearing End (We recommend most riders use 0/1 spacers but the shock comes with 2 fitted, so you have an extra if needed.)
- Front Wheel: DT Swiss E1700 SPLINE 30,29″, Centrelock, 110x15mm
- Rear Wheel: DT Swiss E1700 SPLINE 30, 29″, Centrelock, Shimano Microspline Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Michelin Wild Enduro 29″ x 2.4, MAGI-X TS TLR, Rear: Michelin Wild Enduro 29″ x 2.4, GUM-X TS TLR
- Crankset: Shimano XT M8100 12-Speed, Hollowtech 2, 170mm, 30T, 52mm Chainline
- Shifter: Shimano XT M8100-R, 12-speed Rapidfire Plus, I-Spec EV
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT M8100, SGS 12-Speed, Shadow Plus
- Chain: Shimano XT M8100 HG 12-speed Inc Quicklink
- Cassette: Shimano XT M8100-12, 12-Speed (HYPERGLIDE+), 10-51T
- Chain Guide: MRP 1x AMg CS, 28-34T, ISCG-05
- Brakes: Shimano XT M8120, 4 Pot Brake, Metallic Pads
- Front Rotor: Shimano MT800, 203mm
- Rear Rotor: Shimano MT800, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon 25mm Rise, Width – S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm)
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon, 50mm, Black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon SL, Orange
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth with 1x Remote, 31.6mm; S: 346mm length, 125mm drop; M: 409mm length, 150mm drop; L: 462mm length, 175mm drop; XL: 514.5mm length, 200mm drop
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Nukeproof Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
- Colour: Bottle Blue
- Frame Size: L, XL
- Wheel Size: 29″
- Gender: Unisex
- Speed: 12 Speed
- Material: Carbon
- Fork Travel: 170mm
- Rear Travel: 160mm
Large, Medium, Small, X-Large
|Wheel Size|| |
- No ratings found yet!
There are no inquiries yet.