Nukeproof Mega 290 Pro Carbon Bike (GX Eagle) 2020
Nukeproof Mega 290 Pro Carbon Bike (GX Eagle) 2020
- Size Guide
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Nukeproof Mega 290 Pro Carbon Bike (GX Eagle)
This Nukeproof Mega Pro blasts from trail to trail aboard 29” wheels and has a carbon/alloy construction at its foundations. It rides high in its travel upon 170mm of RockShox Select+ suspension up front and 160mm at the rear, so you tackle every challenge with confidence and poise. Plus, with a SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed groupset at its core, Nukeproof built this steed to soar up climbs and blast back down the descents with responsive and efficient riding excellence.
RockShox Lyrik and Super Deluxe Suspension and SRAM GX Eagle Drivetrain
Setting new standards for top-level performance, this daring full-suspension rig is equipped to glide over the roughest rock gardens and to effortlessly find traction and stability no matter how close to vertical you are facing. With a SRAM GX 12-Speed drivetrain at its core, this ride efficiently soars you up steepest climbs and its SRAM Guide RE 4-Pot brakes ensure exceptional confidence and control of your momentum on the way back down.
DT Swiss E1700 Spline Wheels and Michelin Wild Enduro Tyres
Rolling up and down the mountain with World Class excellence upon 29” DT Swiss E1700 Spline wheels and Michelin Wild Enduro tyres. This Wheel/Tyre combo guarantees speed, stability and grip over rocks, roots and sloppy mud, and across anything else you encounter. It features a Nukeproof finishing kit to complete this sensational bike build – Including award winning carbon Nukeproof Horizon handlebars, Sam Hill Signature grips and a 50mm Nukeproof Horizon stem for immense handling and control. Plus, it includes a Horizon SL saddle and a RockShox Reverb Stealth dropper seatpost and convenient adjustable comfort when climbing or descending.
Enduro Specific Geometry from Greater Comfort and Control
This pro-version of the 29” Carbon Mega features a frame optimised by slackening the head angle and steepening the seat angle for even greater stability and control on the most technical climbs and most daring descents. This ride also features enhanced suspension kinematics to make your experience behind the bars as fast and as controlled as possible. These changes improve its small bump sensitivity, provide greater mid stroke support for more predictable cornering and its increased end stroke progression gives confidence-inspiring control through even the roughest of terrain.
Durable and Lightweight Carbon Fibre Construction
Built and equipped to control the toughest and roughest enduro tracks, this gravity-focussed Mega inspires confidence on the most daring descents whilst ensuring exceptional pedalling efficiency and comfort for epic all-day mountain riding. This top-level race-rig features an award-winning carbon fibre construction at its core. Engineered with a unique blend of the highest quality carbon fibre composites, this lightweight and ultra-durable creation is constructed to win races and lift titles. Enabling you to push harder and faster than ever before, its modern geometry pushes the boundaries of performance and is more responsive, predictable and stable in even the most demanding trail conditions.
- Frame: Nukeproof Mega 290 Carbon, 160mm Travel, ultra-strong monocoque UD woven Carbon Fibre front triangle, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set for seat stays and chain stays, Factory fitted clear paint protection kit covers TT/DT/CS/SS, Internal cable routing, Enduro Bearings, Threaded 73mm BB , Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Fork: RockShox Lyrik Select + Charger 2 RC 170mm, 42mm Offset, BOOST, Debonair, Diffusion Black
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ RT, Custom ML 380 tune, 230×62.5mm, Bearing End (We recommend most riders use 1x bottomless token but the shock comes with 2 tokens fitted, so you have an extra if needed.)
- Front Wheel: DT Swiss E1700 SPLINE 30, 29″, 6 Bolt, 110x15mm
- Rear Wheel: DT Swiss E1700 SPLINE 30, 29″, 6 Bolt, XD Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Michelin Wild Enduro 29″ x 2.4, MAGI-X TS TLR, Rear: Michelin Wild Enduro 29″ x 2.4, GUM-X TS TLR
- Crankset: SRAM Descendant 7K Aluminium Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 30T, B148, DUB
- Shifter: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Rear Deraileur: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Cassette: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed, CS PG1275 EAGLE 11-50T
- Chain Guide: MRP 1x AMg CS, 28-34T, ISCG-05
- Brakes: SRAM Guide RE
- Front Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 200mm
- Rear Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon 25mm Rise, Width – S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm)
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon, 50mm, Black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon SL, Black
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth with 1x Remote, 31.6mm; S: 346mm length, 125mm drop; M: 409mm length, 150mm drop; L: 462mm length, 175mm drop; XL: 514.5mm length, 200mm drop
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Nukeproof Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
- Colour: Black – Concrete Grey
- Frame Size: XL, M, L
- Wheel Size: 29″
- Gender: Unisex
- Speed: 12 Speed
- Material: Carbon
- Fork Travel: 170mm
- Rear Travel: 160mm
|Rider Height||Suggested Mountain Frame Size|
|Feet & Inches||Centimetres||Frame Size (inches)||Frame Size (cm)||Frame Size|
|4'10" - 5'2"||148cm - 158cm||13" - 14"||33 - 37||View all X-Small Bikes|
|5'2" - 5'6"||158cm - 168cm||15" - 16"||38 - 42||View all Small Bikes|
|5'6" - 5' 10"||168cm - 178cm||17" - 18"||43 - 47||View all Medium Bikes|
|5'10" - 6'1"||178cm - 185cm||19" - 20"||48 - 52||View all Large Bikes|
|6'1" - 6'4"||185cm - 193cm||21" - 22"||53 - 57||View all X-Large Bikes|
|6'4" - 6'6"||193cm - 198cm||23" - 24"||58 - 61||View all XX-Large Bikes|
Large, Medium, Small, X-Large