Nukeproof Mega 290 RS Carbon Bike (XO1 Eagle) 2020
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
- Vendor Info
- More Products
- Store Policies
Nukeproof Mega 290 RS Carbon Bike (XO1 Eagle)
The Nukeproof Mega 290 RS features large wheels, superb tyre clearance, exceptional components and modern geometry. Inspired by its competition dominating sibling that blasted the current Enduro Champion Sam Hill to victory two years running, this bike rolls faster and with more stability than ever before and is engineered to dominate on the EWS Enduro circuit anywhere on Earth.
RockShox Ultimate Suspension and SRAM X01 Eagle 12-Speed Drivetrain
This Mega 290 RS Carbon from Nukeproof is equipped with a combination of top-level parts to dominate anywhere on the race-circuit. It features RockShox Lyrik Ultimate RCT3 forks with 180mm of travel up front and 165mm at the rear from a Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT rear shock, this combination gives phenomenal traction and trail gobbling performance anywhere on the mountain side. Powered by only the best, this ride is equipped with a SRAM X01 Eagle 12-Speed drivetrain to blast it efficiently from the summit to the podium while SRAM Code RSC 4-Pot brakes ensure World Class braking power at your fingertips.
Modern 29er Geometry for Stability, Traction and Control
This version of the 29”-wheeled Mega features a frame using a short fork offset with 180mm of fork travel paired with 160mm of rear travel to create a true monster-truck of a bike. To accommodate these changes, Nukeproof slackened the head angle and steepened the seat angle significantly compared to previous versions. They also enhanced the suspension kinematic-performance to make the bike as fast and as controlled as possible. These changes improve its small bump sensitivity, provide greater mid stroke support for more predictable cornering and its increased end stroke progression gives confidence-inspiring control through even the roughest of terrain.
Durable and Lightweight Carbon Fibre Construction
Built and equipped to control the toughest and roughest enduro tracks, this gravity-focussed Mega inspires confidence on the most daring descents whilst ensuring exceptional pedalling efficiency and comfort for epic all-day mountain riding. This top-level race-rig features an award-winning carbon fibre construction at its core. Engineered with a unique blend of the highest quality carbon fibre composites, this lightweight and ultra-durable creation is constructed to win races and lift titles. Enabling you to push harder and faster than ever before, its modern geometry pushes the boundaries of performance and is more responsive, predictable and stable in even the most demanding or conditions.
29″ Mavic Deemax DH Wheels and Michelin Wild Enduro Tyres
Ready for any day in the saddle, this gravity-orientated 29er features DH ready Mavic Deemax wheels and Michelin Wild Enduro tyres rolling beneath it. This wheel/tyre setup tracks with remarkable stability and reliability as it grips and rockets over the roughest terrains with confidence-inspiring control. This bikes cockpit is fully fledged with a Nukeproof Horizon finishing kit, which includes their own award-winning carbon handlebars, Sam Hill Signature grips and a short 50mm reach stem for immensely responsive handling performance. Plus, this bike build has been completed with a Horizon SL saddle and an internally routed RockShox Reverb Stealth dropper seatpost for infinitely adjustable comfort when climbing or descending.
- Frame: Nukeproof Mega 290 Carbon, 160mm Travel, ultra-strong monocoque UD woven Carbon Fibre front triangle, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set for seat stays and chain stays, Factory fitted clear paint protection kit covers TT/DT/CS/SS, Internal cable routing, Enduro Bearings, Threaded 73mm BB , Boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Fork: RockShox Lyrik Ultimate Charger 2 RC2 180mm, 42mm Offset, BOOST, Debonair, Gloss Red
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT, Custom ML 380 tune, 230×62.5mm, Bearing End (We recommend most riders use 1x bottomless token but the shock comes with 2 tokens fitted, so you have an extra if needed.)
- Front Wheel: Mavic Deemax DH, 29″, 6 Bolt, 110x15mm
- Rear Wheel: Mavic Deemax DH, 29″, 6 Bolt, XD Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Michelin Wild Enduro 29″ x 2.4, MAGI-X TS TLR, Rear: Michelin Wild Enduro 29″ x 2.4, GUM-X TS TLR
- Crankset: SRAM Descendant Carbon Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 30T, B148, DUB
- Shifter: SRAM X01 Eagle 12-Speed, Red
- Rear Deraileur: SRAM X01 Eagle 12-Speed, Red
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Cassette: SRAM X01 Eagle 12-Speed, CS PG1295 EAGLE 10-50T
- Chain Guide: MRP 1x SXg, 30-34T, ISCG-05
- Brakes: SRAM Code RSC
- Front Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 200mm
- Rear Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon Carbon 25mm Rise, Width – S780mm, M780mm, ML780mm, L800mm, XL800mm)
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon, 50mm, Black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon SL, Red
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth with 1x Remote, 31.6mm; S: 346mm length, 125mm drop; M: 409mm length, 150mm drop; ML: 409mm length, 150mm drop; L: 462mm length, 175mm drop; XL: 514.5mm length, 200mm drop
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Nukeproof Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
- Colour: Concrete Grey
- Frame Size: M, L, XL
- Wheel Size: 29″
- Gender: Unisex
- Speed: 12 Speed
- Material: Carbon
- Fork Travel: 180mm
- Rear Travel: 160mm
Large, Medium, Small, X-Large
|Wheel Size|| |
- No ratings found yet!
There are no inquiries yet.