Nukeproof Reactor 290 Expert Alloy Bike (NX Eagle) 2020
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
- Vendor Info
- More Products
- Store Policies
Nukeproof Reactor 290 Expert Alloy Bike (NX Eagle)
The Reactor Expert is inspired by Nukeproof’s original Reactor trail bike from 1996, however, aside from the name this bike has come a long way since then in terms of design and performance. Now featuring a highly advanced trail-focused platform intended for aggressive trail descending a to efficiently climb the largest mountains, it’s also kitted out with some of the best trail-ready components on the market.
Ultra-Strong and Low Weight with Reactive Suspension Performance
The all-new Reactor is designed to be at home on the most technical climbs as it is on technical descents, as it guides you from trail to trail with ease. Its trail-sessioning success is thanks to its hydro-formed tube set and carbon seat stays, which ensures consistent steering stability and traction with a low unsprung weight. This low weight also makes its suspension performance as active as possible to smooth out the roughest terrain and maintain speed and control anywhere on the mountain.
SRAM NX Eagle 1×12 Drivetrain and RockShox Suspension
With only latest drivetrain and suspension technology in its arsenal and an aftermarket-quality finishing kit from Nukeproof from complete the build, this rowdy-trail tamer helps you dominate even the most demanding routes. This efficient ascender and stylish gravity-descender is equipped with a SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain, Nukeproof’s “flip-chip” adjustable suspension geometry, RockShox Pike suspension forks with the Charger damper and a Super Deluxe rear shock.
DT Swiss M1900 Wheels, Maxxis DH Tyres and SRAM Code Brakes
This outstanding ride rolls with vigorous pace aboard DT Swiss M1900 Spline wheels wrapped in DH-worthy Maxxis tyres and is armed with SRAM Guide brakes to easily rein in speed on the most ferocious downhill blasts. Born to shred steep and fast trails with confidence-inspiring boldness, this playful ride boosts across roots, gaps and ruts while its efficient pedalling platform soars you back to the top for another run.
- Frame: Nukeproof Reactor 290 Alloy, 130mm Travel, custom triple butted hydro-formed tube set for front triangle and chain stays, UD woven carbon fibre Seat stays, internal cable routing, custom tuned rear shock, internal dropper seatpost cable routing, Enduro bearings, threaded bottom bracket, boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Fork: RockShox Pike Select Charger RC 140mm, 51mm Offset, BOOST, Debonair, Diffusion Black
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ RT, Custom ML 380 tune, 210x50mm, Bearing End (Comes with 1x bottomless token fitted so you have them if needed.)
- Front Wheel: WTB Speed Terra 29″, ST Light i30 TCS 2.0 Rim / 32h, 110x15mm
- Rear Wheel: WTB Speed Terra 29″, ST Light i30 TCS 2.0 Rim / 32h, Shimano Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Maxxis Assegai 29”x2.5 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR, Rear: Maxxis Minion DHR II 29”x2.4 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR
- Crankset: SRAM NX Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 30T, B148, DUB
- Shifter: SRAM NX Eagle 12-Speed
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM NX Eagle 12-Speed
- Chain: SRAM NX Eagle 12-Speed
- Cassette: SRAM NX Eagle 12-Speed, CS PG1230 EAGLE 11-50T
- Brakes: SRAM Guide RE
- Front Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 200mm
- Rear Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon 25mm Rise, Width – S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm)
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon SL, grey
- Seatpost: Brand X Ascend internal, 31.6mm; S:125mm drop; M/L:150mm drop; XL: 170mm Drop
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
- Flip Chip Adjustable Suspension Geometry: All models of the Reactor feature a “flip-chip”, so that the bike geometry can be easily adjusted from “Trail” to “Rail” mode without having to custom tune your suspension setup. The Trail setting is best suited for pumping and carving your rhythm and style into the mountainside and still caters for rides who love the climb as much as the descent. On the other hand, the Rail setting turns the Reactor into an adrenaline-fuelled gravity tamer. Dropping the bottom bracket height by 6mm and slackening the head angle by half a degree, these changes give this Reactor greater stability and control when the trail leans downhill towards vertical.
- Nukeproof 4-Bar Horst Linkage Suspension Design: Complimenting a low overall frame weight, this Reactor Expert-ride features a 4-bar horst linkage to drive its suspension performance. Nukeproof engineers optimised its setup to give increased anti-squat when you’re riding in the climbing gears and lower anti-squat in the attacking-gears when cranking speed on the descents. This advanced suspension performance provides this 29er with immense climbing prowess that also becomes a trail hooligan on the way back down the mountain. Also, this combination of low anti-squat and progressive suspension rate offers phenomenal small bump compliance to remove even the smallest morsel of trail chatter, great mid stroke support for cornering and rhythm sections and sublime end stroke progression for aggressive riding and descending. Nukeproof’s extensive testing has found that this bike’s anti-rise performance gives the Reactor beneficial suspension-squat when braking hard to maintain your riding stability and puts the ideal amount of pressure upon your tyres for immense traction.
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Nukeproof Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
- Colour: Military Green
- Frame Size: L, XL, M
- Wheel Size: 29″
- Gender: Unisex
- Speed: 12 Speed
- Material: Aluminium
- Fork Travel: 140mm
- Rear Travel: 130mm
Large, Medium, Small, X-Large
|Wheel Size|| |
- No ratings found yet!
There are no inquiries yet.