Nukeproof Reactor 290 Factory Carbon Bike (XT) 2020
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
- Vendor Info
- More Products
- Store Policies
Nukeproof Reactor 290 Factory Carbon Bike (XT)
Although it takes its name from the old school 1996 Nukeproof Reactor, this all-new 29”-wheeler is kitted out phenomenal components aboard a top-tier carbon frame construction. Featuring an aggressive-trail focussed design, this gravity orientated full suspension rig climbs to the top and blasts down the other side like nothing you have ever experienced. Its immense mountain-taming prowess is backed up by some of the some of the finest drivetrain and suspension parts available on the market today, and its build is completed with a superb aftermarket finishing kit from Nukeproof.
Kashima Coated Fox Factory 36 Float Forks and Float DPX2 Rear Shock
This 29er trail-sender is built to rocket across the most daring routes, steepest climbs and most hazardous descents with stability, grip and playful control. This gravity-welcoming build rides high in its travel aboard Fox 36 Float Factory forks upfront and a matching Kashima-coated rear travel from a Float DPX2 shock. This suspension combo was born to blast over the deepest ruts, find grip on the slimiest roots and provides stability over hazardous rock gardens. Speeding you out the other side of any perilous trail-feature, this ride gets on with it and rolls you towards your next challenge, full of confidence and ready to attack once again.
Shimano XT 1×12-Speed Wide Gear Ratio Drivetrain
Powering you to the top of the highest peaks, across the top and down the steepest descents with smooth gear shifting vigour, this ride is equipped with a high-tier XT drivetrain from Shimano to get you through anything. It’s 1×12 transmission features an ultra-wide gear ratio with a 10-51T cassette to winch you up even the steepest climbs with ease, while dashing you down the other side with exceptional power. Also, for the most courageous adrenaline-hunting MTB-rider, this Reactor model is equipped with Shimano XT M8120 4-Pot disc brakes for instant braking power and control in all-weather conditions.
DT Swiss M1700 Spline Wheels and Maxxis DH Tyres
Holding its speed in check and ensuring the greatest rolling performance, this steed travels aboard wide and reliable DT Swiss M1700 SPLINE 30 wheels wrapped in Maxxis DH tyres. This exceptional rolling due ensures outstanding levels of straight-line speed and when the trail goes sideways, you are given confidence-inspiring grip and traction on any terrain. Plus, it’s equipped with a RockShox Reverb Stealth dropper seatpost, Nukeproof Horizon stem and handlebars to keep your comfort, control and steering precision at optimum.
- Frame: Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon, 130mm Travel, UD woven Carbon Fibre front triangle/chain stays/seat stays, internal cable routing, custom tuned rear shock, Enduro bearings, threaded bottom bracket, boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Fork: Fox 36 Float, Factory Series, Kashima, Grip 2 Damper, 140mm, 51mm Offset, BOOST, black
- Shock: Fox Float DPX2, Factory Series, Kashima, 3 Position, EVOL, Custom CL, LRL tune, 210x50mm, Bearing End (0.2 Spacer fitted.)
- Front Wheel: DT Swiss M1700 SPLINE 30,29″, Centrelock, 110x15mm
- Rear Wheel: DT Swiss M1700 SPLINE 30, 29″, Centrelock, Shimano Microspline Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Maxxis Assegai 29”x2.5 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR, Rear: Maxxis Minion DHR II 29”x2.4 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR
- Crankset: Shimano XT M8100 12-Speed, Hollowtech 2, 170mm, 30T, 52mm Chainline
- Shifter: Shimano XT M8100-R, 12-speed Rapidfire Plus, I-Spec EV
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT M8100, SGS 12-Speed, Shadow Plus
- Chain: Shimano XT M8100 HG 12-Speed Inc Quicklink
- Cassette: Shimano XT M8100-12, 12-Speed (HYPERGLIDE+), 10-51T
- Brakes: Shimano XT M8120, 4 Pot Brake, Metallic Pads
- Front Rotor: Shimano MT800, 203mm
- Rear Rotor: Shimano MT800, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon 25mm Rise, Width – S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm)
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon, 50mm, black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon SL, orange
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth with 1x Remote, 31.6mm; S: 346mm length, 125mm drop; M: 409mm length, 150mm drop; L: 462mm length, 175mm drop; XL: 514.5mm length, 200mm drop
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
- Flip Chip Adjustable Suspension Geometry: All models of the Reactor feature a “flip-chip”, so that the bike geometry can be easily adjusted from “Trail” to “Rail” mode without having to custom tune your suspension setup. The Trail setting is best suited for pumping and carving your rhythm and style into the mountainside and still caters for rides who love the climb as much as the descent. On the other hand, the Rail setting turns the Reactor into an adrenaline-fuelled gravity tamer. Dropping the bottom bracket height by 6mm and slackening the head angle by half a degree, these changes give this Reactor greater stability and control when the trail leans downhill towards vertical.
- Nukeproof 4-Bar Horst Linkage Suspension Design: Ensuring the bike can climb as well as it descends, Nukeproof focussed on fine-tuning their 4-Bar Horst linkage suspension setup to give higher levels of anti-squat performance when higher up the cassette in the climbing gears, but also to deliver greater trail-gobbling performance when you drop down the cassette and begin descending the mountain. This means that the bike behaves itself on the climbs and grips with unprecedented traction and efficiency when making your way back towards sea-level. When you get it up to speed and drop a few gears to carry momentum, this bike turns into a trail hooligan and helps you carve the trail with style. The combination of low anti-squat and progressive suspension-rate give it the ultimate in small bump compliance (removes rough trail and root chatter) with good mid-stroke support for cornering/pumping and end stroke progression for aggressive riding. With balanced anti-rise suspension performance, the Reactor provides some squat when braking hard, maintaining rider position and providing a good amount of pressure through the tyre to ensure stability and traction. The Reactor is designed to reward the rider and ensure you get that stoke factor in on any ride.
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Nukeproof Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
- Colour: Bottle Blue
- Frame Size: XL, L, M
- Wheel Size: 29″
- Gender: Unisex
- Speed: 12 Speed
- Material: Carbon
- Fork Travel: 140mm
- Rear Travel: 130mm
Large, Medium, Small, X-Large
|Wheel Size|| |
- No ratings found yet!
There are no inquiries yet.