Nukeproof Reactor 290 Pro Carbon Bike (GX Eagle) 2020
Nukeproof Reactor 290 Pro Carbon Bike (GX Eagle) 2020
- Size Guide
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Nukeproof Reactor 290 Pro Carbon Bike (GX Eagle)
The all-new Reactor was born and constructed to soar to the peaks, carve trails, smash ruts and blast technical descents with confidence and style. Built with a full carbon fibre frameset and advanced-suspension platform at its core, this ride is kitted out and equipped with top-level components from RockShox and SRAM. Although it takes its name from its relative back in 1996, a lot has changed since back then, and this modern 29”-wheeler features mountain-taming spec to ride the most daring routes with ease.
SRAM GX Eagle 1×12 Drivetrain and RockShox Suspension
With a modern carbon construction at its core, combined with flip-chip adjustable suspension technology and a superb component build, this ride enables you to blast from trail to trail with trail-slaying performance and style. This jaw-dropping build features a full SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed drivetrain, RockShox Pike forks and Super Deluxe rear shock and an aftermarket-quality Nukeproof Horizon finishing kit. Rocket beyond the riding experience you are familiar with and roll with a new level of grip, control and playfulness that can only be achieved by the Nukeproof Reactor Pro 290.
DT Swiss M1700 Wheels and Maxxis Gravity Tyres
With a UD woven carbon fibre frameset at its core (Including chain and seat stays), this ride rolls aboard quality DT Swiss M1700 wheels wrapped in Maxxis gravity-intended tyres, so you glide across anything at pace. This combo gives DH-levels of rolling stability and grip, while the bikes lightweight construction makes climbing back to the top for another run easy.
SRAM Guide RS Hydraulic Disc Brakes
Engineered for rough-terrain assuring stiffness, durability and strength, this ride is engineered for World-Class handling responsiveness and control, and its suspension platform soaks up everything from the smallest chatter to the bigger hits effortlessly. When gravity is pushing speed your way, this rig is prepared to keep your speed in check. Nukeproof bolstered this trail-steed with SRAM Guide disc brakes to ensure you can keep your momentum in check and scrub speed when needed.
- Frame: Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon, 130mm Travel, UD woven Carbon Fibre front triangle/chain stays/seat stays, internal cable routing, custom tuned rear shock, Enduro bearings, threaded bottom bracket, boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Fork: RockShox Pike Select + Charger 2 RC 140mm, 51mm Offset, BOOST, Debonair, Diffusion black
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ RT, Custom ML 380 tune, 210x50mm, Bearing End (Comes with 1x bottomless token fitted so you have them if needed.)
- Front Wheel: DT Swiss M1700 SPLINE 30, 29″, 6 Bolt, 110x15mm
- Rear Wheel: DT Swiss M1700 SPLINE 30, 29″, 6 Bolt, XD Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Maxxis Assegai 29”x2.5 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR, Rear: Maxxis Minion DHR II 29”x2.4 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR
- Crankset: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 30T, B148, DUB
- Shifter: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Cassette: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed, CS PG1275 EAGLE 11-50T
- Brakes: SRAM Guide RE
- Front Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 200mm
- Rear Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon 25mm Rise, Width – S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm)
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon, 50mm, black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon SL, yellow
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth with 1x Remote, 31.6mm; S: 346mm length, 125mm drop; M: 409mm length, 150mm drop; L: 462mm length, 175mm drop; XL: 514.5mm length, 200mm drop
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
- Flip Chip Adjustable Suspension Geometry: All models of the Reactor feature a “flip-chip”, so that the bike geometry can be easily adjusted from “Trail” to “Rail” mode without having to custom tune your suspension setup. The Trail setting is best suited for pumping and carving your rhythm and style into the mountainside and still caters for rides who love the climb as much as the descent. On the other hand, the Rail setting turns the Reactor into an adrenaline-fuelled gravity tamer. Dropping the bottom bracket height by 6mm and slackening the head angle by half a degree, these changes give this Reactor greater stability and control when the trail leans downhill towards vertical.
- Nukeproof 4-Bar Horst Linkage Suspension Design: Ensuring the bike can climb as well as it descends, Nukeproof focussed on fine-tuning their 4-Bar Horst linkage suspension setup to give higher levels of anti-squat performance when higher up the cassette in the climbing gears, but also to deliver greater trail-gobbling performance when you drop down the cassette and begin descending the mountain. This means that the bike behaves itself on the climbs and grips with unprecedented traction and efficiency when making your way back towards sea-level. When you get it up to speed and drop a few gears to carry momentum, this bike turns into a trail hooligan and helps you carve the trail with style. The combination of low anti-squat and progressive suspension-rate give it the ultimate in small bump compliance (removes rough trail and root chatter) with good mid-stroke support for cornering/pumping and end stroke progression for aggressive riding. With balanced anti-rise suspension performance, the Reactor provides some squat when braking hard, maintaining rider position and providing a good amount of pressure through the tyre to ensure stability and traction. The Reactor is designed to reward the rider and ensure you get that stoke factor in on any ride.
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Nukeproof Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
- Colour: Matt Black – Yellow
- Frame Size: XL, M, L
- Wheel Size: 29″
- Gender: Unisex
- Speed: 12 Speed
- Material: Carbon
- Fork Travel: 140mm
- Rear Travel: 130mm
Large, Medium, Small, X-Large
Matt Black – Yellow