Nukeproof Reactor 290 RS Carbon Bike (XO1 Eagle) 2020
Nukeproof Reactor 290 RS Carbon Bike (XO1 Eagle) 2020
- Size Guide
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Nukeproof Reactor 290 RS Carbon Bike (XO1 Eagle)
This all-new Reactor RS takes trail-riding to the next level. Although it takes its name from the 1996 Reactor, this advanced trail-steed features over two decades of innovation and technology that has fuelled Nukeproof’s desire for World Class performance and podium victories. Riding high in its travel aboard a trail-focussed suspension platform, this Reactor RS rolls with more vigour and reliability than anything else on the mountainside. And, thanks to its exceptional component spec, you will be carving trails with more confidence and style than you ever thought possible.
RockShox Lyrik and Super Deluxe Suspension Equipped
Nukeproof has kitted this bike out with only the best gears, brakes and suspension aboard a top-level frame construction. With a full carbon fibre construction at its core, this strong and lightweight ride was born to soar to the highest peaks and blast the fastest descents. Armed with 150mm of RockShox Lyrik Ultimate fork travel up front and 130mm at the rear from a Super Deluxe Ultimate shock, this bike roosts over the roughest terrain and digs into the dirt for the greatest traction and confidence-inspiring grip for daring descents and technical climbs.
SRAM X01 Eagle 1×12 Drivetrain and Code RSC 4-Pot Brakes
Soaring from trail to trail with race-ready efficiency, this top-league Reactor features a SRAM X01 Eagle 12-Speed gear transmission that soars you up the steepest climbs. This competition-ready drivetrain shifts through its gear-range with remarkable smoothness and silent function. Momentum is controlled thanks to SRAM Code RSC 4-Pot brakes, these brakes give immense stopping power and modulated braking-feel at your fingertips. Plus, this trail-carver is equipped with Mavic Deemax DH wheels, Maxxis tyres and a superb finishing kit from Nukeproof to complete this outstanding bike build.
- Frame: Nukeproof Reactor 290 Carbon, 130mm Travel, UD woven Carbon Fibre front triangle/chain stays/seat stays, internal cable routing, custom tuned rear shock, Enduro bearings, threaded bottom bracket, boost 148mm rear axle spacing, 3D contoured frame protection
- Fork: RockShox Lyrik Ultimate Charger 2 RCT3 150mm, 51mm Offset, BOOST, Debonair, Gloss Red
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT, Custom ML 380 tune, 210x50mm, Bearing End (Comes with 1x bottomless token fitted so you have them if needed.)
- Front Wheel: Mavic Deemax DH, 29″, 6 Bolt, 110x15mm
- Rear Wheel: Mavic Deemax DH, 29″, 6 Bolt, XD Driver, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Maxxis Assegai 29”x2.5 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR, Rear: Maxxis Minion DHR II 29”x2.4 WT 3C MaxxTerra/EXO+/TR
- Crankset: SRAM X1 Carbon Eagle 12-Speed, 170mm, 30T, B148, DUB
- Shifter: SRAM XO1 Eagle 12-Speed, red
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM XO1 Eagle 12-Speed, red
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed
- Cassette: SRAM XO1 Eagle 12-Speed, CS PG1295 EAGLE 10-50T
- Brakes: SRAM Code RSC
- Front Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 200mm
- Rear Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon Carbon 25mm Rise, Width – S780mm, M780mm, L800mm, XL800mm)
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon, 50mm, black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon SL, red
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth with 1x Remote, 31.6mm; S: 346mm length, 125mm drop; M: 409mm length, 150mm drop; L: 462mm length, 175mm drop; XL: 514.5mm length, 200mm drop
- Headset: Nukeproof, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
- Flip Chip Adjustable Suspension Geometry: All models of the Reactor feature a “flip-chip”, so that the bike geometry can be easily adjusted from “Trail” to “Rail” mode without having to custom tune your suspension setup. The Trail setting is best suited for pumping and carving your rhythm and style into the mountainside and still caters for rides who love the climb as much as the descent. On the other hand, the Rail setting turns the Reactor into an adrenaline-fuelled gravity tamer. Dropping the bottom bracket height by 6mm and slackening the head angle by half a degree, these changes give this Reactor greater stability and control when the trail leans downhill towards vertical.
- Nukeproof 4-Bar Horst Linkage Suspension Design: Ensuring the bike can climb as well as it descends, Nukeproof focussed on fine-tuning their 4-Bar Horst linkage suspension setup to give higher levels of anti-squat performance when higher up the cassette in the climbing gears, but also to deliver greater trail-gobbling performance when you drop down the cassette and begin descending the mountain. This means that the bike behaves itself on the climbs and grips with unprecedented traction and efficiency when making your way back towards sea-level. When you get it up to speed and drop a few gears to carry momentum, this bike turns into a trail hooligan and helps you carve the trail with style. The combination of low anti-squat and progressive suspension-rate give it the ultimate in small bump compliance (removes rough trail and root chatter) with good mid-stroke support for cornering/pumping and end stroke progression for aggressive riding. With balanced anti-rise suspension performance, the Reactor provides some squat when braking hard, maintaining rider position and providing a good amount of pressure through the tyre to ensure stability and traction. The Reactor is designed to reward the rider and ensure you get that stoke factor in on any ride.
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Nukeproof Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
- Colour: Concrete Grey
- Frame Size: M, XL, L
- Wheel Size: 29″
- Gender: Unisex
- Speed: 12 Speed
- Material: Carbon
- Fork Travel: 150mm
- Rear Travel: 130mm
Large, Medium, Small, X-Large