Nukeproof Scout 290 Comp Bike (SX Eagle) 2020
Nukeproof Scout 290 Comp Bike (SX Eagle) 2020
- Size Guide
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Nukeproof Scout 290 Comp Bike (SX Eagle)
This ride has high-performance and value for money at its core. This Scout 290 Comp is a robust, lightweight and stylish ride that’s equipped with superb spec to tame the steepest climbs and own the most challenging descents. Engineered with the modern trail rider in mind, this slack geometry alloy mountain bike is ready to attack and ensures you have all the confidence required to push yourself further than ever before. Intended to give control and poise on fast singletrack, high-alpine descents and for laps of the bike park jump trails, this bike is prepared for everything you put it through.
Aggressive Trail Stability and Control
Suited for riding everything from XC to Enduro, this versatile climber and downhill descender features performance-enhancing geometry and a superb component spec to match. Its constructed to have a low bottom bracket height and slack head angle for immense stability and control when the trail points downwards. Its aggressive-trail intention is bolstered by a trail-smoothing RockShox Sektor Air-sprung fork to retain grip and traction as you boost over every feature you encounter.
SRAM SX Eagle 1×12 Drivetrain and SRAM Level T Disc Brakes
Powering up the steepest climbs efficiently, this ride has a SRAM SX Eagle 1×12 drivetrain at its core to soar it to the peaks effortlessly while its SRAM Level T disc brakes control your descent on the way back down. Assisting its trail-carving excellence is a Sun Ringle Duroc wheelset and Maxxis DH tyres, this combination rolls exceptionally with pace and grip over the most demanding terrains in the most extreme weather conditions.
Nukeproof Neutron Finishing Kit and Brand-X Ascend Dropper Seatpost
Nukeproof has completed this bike build with a quality Neutron AM cockpit setup, Sam Hill Signature grips and a Brand-X dropper seatpost. Plus, it’s compatible with Boost 148mm rear hub spacing and has tyre clearance up to 2.5”, this strong, long and reliable bike will be sessioning trails for a long time. Note, this 29” model can be fitted with up to 2.8” tyres on 27.5+” wheels.
- Frame: Nukeproof Scout 290, custom triple butted hydro-formed Alloy, internal cable routing for dropper seat posts, threaded bottom bracket, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing
- Fork: RockShox Sektor RL 130mm, 51mm Offset, Debonair, Diffusion Black
- Front Wheel: Sun Ringle Duroc 35 Comp 29″, 15x110mm
- Rear Wheel: Sun Ringle Duroc 35 Comp 29″, Shimano freehub, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Maxxis Assegai 29″ x 2.5” WT, EXO+, TR, Maxx Terra, Rear: Maxxis Minion DHRII 29″ x 2.4” WT, EXO+, TR, Maxx Terra
- Crankset: SRAM SX Eagle 12 Speed, DUB, 170mm, 30T, B148
- Shifter: SRAM SX Eagle 12 Speed
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM SX Eagle 12 Speed
- Chain: SRAM SX Eagle 12 Speed
- Cassette: SRAM SX Eagle PG1210 12 Speed, 11-50T
- Brakes: SRAM Level T
- Front Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 180mm
- Rear Rotor: SRAM Centreline, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Neutron 800mm, 25mm
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, Black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Neutron, Black
- Seatpost: Brand X Ascend internal, S:120mm drop; M:150mm drop; L/XL: 170mm drop
- Headset: Nukeproof Warhead, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Nukeproof Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
- Colour: Matt Grey
- Frame Size: M, L, XL
- Wheel Size: 29″
- Gender: Unisex
- Speed: 12 Speed
- Material: Aluminium
- Fork Travel: 130mm
|Rider Height||Suggested Mountain Frame Size|
|Feet & Inches||Centimetres||Frame Size (inches)||Frame Size (cm)||Frame Size|
|4'10" - 5'2"||148cm - 158cm||13" - 14"||33 - 37||View all X-Small Bikes|
|5'2" - 5'6"||158cm - 168cm||15" - 16"||38 - 42||View all Small Bikes|
|5'6" - 5' 10"||168cm - 178cm||17" - 18"||43 - 47||View all Medium Bikes|
|5'10" - 6'1"||178cm - 185cm||19" - 20"||48 - 52||View all Large Bikes|
|6'1" - 6'4"||185cm - 193cm||21" - 22"||53 - 57||View all X-Large Bikes|
|6'4" - 6'6"||193cm - 198cm||23" - 24"||58 - 61||View all XX-Large Bikes|
Large, Medium, Small, X-Large