Nukeproof Scout 290 Expert Bike (SLX) 2020
Nukeproof Scout 290 Expert Bike (SLX) 2020
- Size Guide
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Nukeproof Scout 290 Expert Bike (SLX)
This modern 29er is efficient, robust, lightweight and stylish, and is armed with exceptional components so you will conquer the steepest climbs easily and confidently control the fastest descents. Its modern slack geometry, superb suspension setup and superb drivetrain rockets you up and down any mountain all day long. And, since it’s designed to be as versatile as possible, this ride blasts along singletrack trails, attacks high-altitude trails with grace and is perfect for uplift days at your local bike park.
Modern Construction for the Modern Mountain Bike Rider
Suited to everything from XC to Enduro riding, this mountain-scaler and courageous downhill dominator is ready for the steepest grades and roughest terrains. With a low bottom bracket height and slack head angle, this bike provides an exceptional balance between climbing ability and high-speed descending control. Plus, since it’s equipped with trail-smoothing Fox 36 Rhythm forks, it soaks up knocks and bumps, and fills you with confidence as you rocket down the steepest descents.
Shimano SLX 1×12 Drivetrain, 4-Pot Brakes and Maxxis DH Tyres
Powering up the steepest climbs efficiently, this ride has a Shimano SLX 1×12 drivetrain at its core to soar it to the peaks effortlessly while its Shimano SLX 4-Pot disc brakes control your descent on the way back down. Assisting its trail-carving excellence is a DT Swiss M1900 wheelset and Maxxis DH tyres, this combination rolls exceptionally with pace and grip over the most demanding terrains in the most extreme weather conditions.
Nukeproof Finishing Kit and Brand-X Ascend Dropper Seatpost
Nukeproof has completed this bike build with a quality Horizon and Neutron cockpit setup, Sam Hill Signature grips and a Brand-X Ascend dropper seatpost. Plus, it’s compatible with Boost 148mm rear hub spacing and has tyre clearance up to 2.5”, this strong, long and reliable bike will be sessioning trails for a long time. Note, this 29” model can be fitted with up to 2.8” tyres on 27.5+” wheels.
- Frame: Nukeproof Scout 290, custom triple butted hydro-formed Alloy, internal cable routing for dropper seat posts, threaded bottom bracket, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing
- Fork: Fox 36 Rhythm 140mm, Grip Sweep adjust, 51mm Offset, Matte Black
- Front Wheel: DT Swiss M1900 SPLINE 29″, 15x110mm
- Rear Wheel: DT Swiss M1900 SPLINE 29″, Shimano Microspline freehub, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Maxxis Assegai 29″ x 2.5”WT, EXO+, TR, Maxx Terra, Rear: Maxxis Minion DHRII 29″ x 2.4”WT, EXO+, TR, Maxx Terra
- Crankset: Shimano M7100 SLX, 12 Speed, 170mm, 30T, B148
- Shifter: Shimano M7100 SLX 12 Speed (I-Spec EV)
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano M7100 SLX 12 Speed
- Chain: Shimano M7100 SLX 12 Speed (Inc. Quicklink)
- Cassette: Shimano M7100 SLX 12 Speed, 10-51T
- Brakes: Shimano M7120 SLX 4 Pot, I-Spec EV
- Front Rotor: Shimano SM-RT70, 180mm, Centrelock
- Rear Rotor: Shimano SM-RT70, 180mm, Centrelock
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon 800mm, 25mm
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, Black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Horizon SL, Black
- Seatpost: Brand X Ascend internal, S:120mm drop; M:150mm drop; L/XL: 170mm drop
- Headset: Nukeproof Warhead, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Nukeproof Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
- Colour: Military Green
- Frame Size: XL, M, L
- Wheel Size: 29″
- Gender: Unisex
- Speed: 12 Speed
- Material: Aluminium
- Fork Travel: 140mm
|Rider Height||Suggested Mountain Frame Size|
|Feet & Inches||Centimetres||Frame Size (inches)||Frame Size (cm)||Frame Size|
|4'10" - 5'2"||148cm - 158cm||13" - 14"||33 - 37||View all X-Small Bikes|
|5'2" - 5'6"||158cm - 168cm||15" - 16"||38 - 42||View all Small Bikes|
|5'6" - 5' 10"||168cm - 178cm||17" - 18"||43 - 47||View all Medium Bikes|
|5'10" - 6'1"||178cm - 185cm||19" - 20"||48 - 52||View all Large Bikes|
|6'1" - 6'4"||185cm - 193cm||21" - 22"||53 - 57||View all X-Large Bikes|
|6'4" - 6'6"||193cm - 198cm||23" - 24"||58 - 61||View all XX-Large Bikes|
Large, Medium, Small, X-Large