- Size Guide
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Nukeproof Scout 290 Race Bike (Deore)
Built for long days in the mountains, aggressive trail riding and to take mountain biking back to its roots, the Nukeproof Scout 290 Race is lightweight, robust and is ready to tackle the steepest climbs and most challenging descents. Developed and constructed with slack geometry lines and hydroformed alloy at its core, this modern ride carries momentum effortlessly and gives you all the control needed for confident and stylish riding all day long. Born as a versatile all-rounder, this 29er is optimised for singletrack sessions, high altitude mountain explorations, bike park jump sessions and riding with friends at your local forest trails.
Perfect for Everything from Cross Country to Enduro Riding
Suited for riding everything from XC to Enduro, this versatile climber and downhill descender features performance-enhancing geometry and a superb component spec to match. Its constructed to have a low bottom bracket height and slack head angle for immense stability and control when the trail points downwards. Its aggressive-trail intention is bolstered by a trail-smoothing RockShox Recon Air-sprung fork to retain grip and traction as you boost over any feature you encounter.
Shimano Deore 1×10 Drivetrain, WTB Wheels and Maxxis Tyres
Powering up the steepest climbs efficiently, this ride has a Shimano Deore drivetrain at its core to soar it to the peaks effortlessly while its Shimano MT400 disc brakes control your descent on the way back down. Assisting its trail-carving excellence is a WTB Serra wheelset and Maxxis DH tyres, this combination rolls exceptionally with pace and grip over the most demanding terrains in the most extreme weather conditions.
Nukeproof Neutron Finishing Kit
Nukeproof has completed this bike build with a quality Neutron AM cockpit setup and Sam Hill Signature grips. And, as it’s compatible with Boost 148mm rear hub spacing and has tyre clearance up to 2.5”, this strong, long and reliable bike will be sessioning trails for a long time. Note, this 29” model can be fitted with up to 2.8” tyres on 27.5+” wheels.
- Frame: Nukeproof Scout 290, custom triple butted hydro-formed Alloy, internal cable routing for dropper seat posts, threaded bottom bracket, Boost 148mm rear axle spacing
- Fork: RockShox Recon RL 130mm, 51mm Offset, Solo air, Gloss Black
- Front Wheel: WTB Serra 29″, 15x110mm
- Rear Wheel: WTB Serra 29″, Shimano freehub, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Front: Maxxis Assegai 29″ x 2.5”WT, EXO+, TR, Maxx Terra; Rear: Maxxis Minion DHRII 29″ x 2.4”WT, EXO+, TR, Maxx Terra
- Crankset: SR Suntour Zeron 170mm, 30T, B148
- Shifter: Shimano M6000 Deore 10-Speed
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano M6000 Deore 10-Speed
- Chain: KMC X10 10-Speed, with Quick Link
- Cassette: Sunrace CSMS2 10-Speed, 11-46T
- Brakes: Shimano MT400, Resin Pads
- Front Rotor: Shimano RT56, 180mm
- Rear Rotor: Shimano RT56, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Neutron 800mm, 25mm
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron AM, 45mm, Black
- Saddle: Nukeproof Neutron, Black
- Seatpost: Nukeproof Neutron, Black, 31.6mm, 400mm
- Headset: Nukeproof Warhead, 44-56 IITS
- Grips: Nukeproof Sam Hill Signature
When you order a bike, one of our trained mechanics will carefully prepare and pack your bike for shipping. Upon delivery, the assembly is simple and all necessary tools are conveniently included in the box.
Depending on the delivery service and destination, bikes will either be delivered in a large or a small box. Below is a guide as to how your bike will arrive:
- All bikes for delivery within the UK and Republic of Ireland will be delivered in a large box, except for kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for delivery within the EU on a standard service will be delivered in a large box. If an express delivery option is chosen, your bike will be packed into a small box. Again, the exception is kids’ bikes and BMX bikes, which are always delivered in manufacturer’s boxes.
- All bikes for worldwide delivery outside the EU will be delivered in small boxes.
This video demonstrates assembly from a SMALL BOX.
This video demonstrates assembly from a LARGE BOX.
Buy Nukeproof Bikes from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World’s Largest Online Bike Store.
- Colour: Overcast Blue
- Frame Size: XL, L, M
- Wheel Size: 29″
- Gender: Unisex
- Speed: 10 Speed
- Material: Aluminium
- Fork Travel: 130mm
|Rider Height||Suggested Mountain Frame Size|
|Feet & Inches||Centimetres||Frame Size (inches)||Frame Size (cm)||Frame Size|
|4'10" - 5'2"||148cm - 158cm||13" - 14"||33 - 37||View all X-Small Bikes|
|5'2" - 5'6"||158cm - 168cm||15" - 16"||38 - 42||View all Small Bikes|
|5'6" - 5' 10"||168cm - 178cm||17" - 18"||43 - 47||View all Medium Bikes|
|5'10" - 6'1"||178cm - 185cm||19" - 20"||48 - 52||View all Large Bikes|
|6'1" - 6'4"||185cm - 193cm||21" - 22"||53 - 57||View all X-Large Bikes|
|6'4" - 6'6"||193cm - 198cm||23" - 24"||58 - 61||View all XX-Large Bikes|
Large, Medium, Small, X-Large