Orbea Laufey H-LTD Bike
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
- Vendor Info
- More Products
- Store Policies
2020 Orbea Laufey H-LTD Bike
Naming bikes after moderately obscure mythological figures is a trend we can get wholly behind, especially when the character of the bike matches the mythological inspiration as well as the Orbea Laufey. Orbea has named this bike after Laufey, the mother of Loki in Norse mythology, or in other words, the mother of everything to do with mischievousness and having fun.
At first glance, the Laufey might seem to be a bit of an odd beast. This is an aluminum hardtail with some pretty big travel at the front, and capacity for 2.6″ tires. The hydroformed tubing not only ensures durability, but also weight reduction because they can use the exact amount of material needed depending on the stresses that will be placed on the different sections of tube. It’s a bike that is meant to be ridden hard over rougher trails than you perhaps normally would take your hardtail.
The Laufey comes with an aggressive trail geometry that will be able to handle the roughest stuff thanks to the 140mm fork combined with the added traction and security the beefy tires will guarantee. It will all combine together to make this a monster going downhill. But since the rear Boost will help enhance the stiffness and responsiveness that the hardtail will already bring to the table, it means that the Laufey will be a blast to climb with as well. And since you don’t have the added weight of the rear suspension, you won’t feel that load holding you back when the trail gets steep.
Available in three different builds, the Laufey is a 1x specific that pairs nicely with the SRAM Eagle as well as Shimano SLX. Sizes small through x-large should help just about anyone fit a Laufey comfortably, and Orbea has been sure to carry the balanced geometry through all sizes.
- Frame: Laufey hydroformed triple butted alloy
- Fork: Fox 34 Float Performance 3-pos-adj 140mm (stock), Fox 36 Float Factory Grip2 RC2 150mm (optional +$495)
- Headset: ACROS Alloy 1 1/8” – 1 1/2” integrated
- Brakes: Shimano MT501 BR520 hydraulic disc (stock), Shimano XT M8120 hydraulic disc (optional +$185)
- Shifters: Shimano SLX M7100
- Crank: OC1 Alloy forged Boost 32T 12-Speed
- Chain Guide: OneUp Components ISCG05 (optional +$49)
- Cassette: Shimano SLX M7100 10-51T 12-Speed
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT M8100 SGS
- Chain: Shimano M7100
- Wheelset: Orbea Tryp 30c Disc Tubeless ready
- Tires: Maxxis Rekon 2.6″ 60 TPI TLR Dual Exo TR
- Handlebar: Race Face Aeffect 35 20mm Riser 780mm (stock), Race Face Next R 35 Riser 800mm + Turbine 35 Kit bar+stem (optional +$185)
- Stem: Race Face Aeffect 35mm
- Seatpost: OC2 Dropper 31.6mm 125mm, 150mm, or 170mm
- Saddle: Fizik Taiga S-alloy rail (stock), Fizik Taiga Kium rail (optional +$75)
- Sizes: 15” SM | 17” MD | 18.5” LG | 20.5” XL |
- Colors: Black Black Purple, Blue Gulf Orange, Green Orange
*Specs and pricing are subject to change. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- WARRANTY: LT
16.53 in CT SM l TT 23.03in, 17.91in CT MD l TT 23.62in, 19.02in CT LG l TT 24.21in, 20.39in CT XL l TT 25.00in
Black Black Purple, Blue Gulf Orange, Green Orange
- No ratings found yet!
There are no inquiries yet.