Taking the trail to new heights. Often imitated but never surpassed, the all-new Altitude pushes the envelope of what a modern trail bike is capable of.
The Altitude is our highly capable, fun, do-it-all trail bike. It’s the perfect blend of pedalling efficiency, small-bump sensitivity, and has the ability to charge hard! The Altitude is easy to get along with, tackles whatever you throw at it, and helps boost confidence when looking to navigate a technical section of trail. Available in both carbon and alloy models, the frame integrates next-generation features like Fox Live and Shimano Di2 compatibility while giving the rider the opportunity to tailor the bike to their riding style and terrain using our RIDE-9 adjustment system.
- Size Specific tuneSize Specific Tune ensures that riders of all sizes get the right balance of small-bump compliance, mid-stroke support, and end-stroke progressiveness. Our design team does custom shock tunes based on real-world field testing and adjusts each tune for specific frame sizes.
- FORM™ alloyFORM™ tubesets utilize premium materials to meet our strict requirements. Each FORM™ tube that we create is engineered for its specific purpose within the frame, ensuring optimized strength, weight, and ride quality.
- RIDE-9 adjustment systemThe RIDE-9™ adjustment system allows riders to quickly fine-tune their geometry and suspension with a pair of Allen keys. Nine configurations are possible thanks to two interlocking chips.Adjust your RIDE-9™ position for geometry before considering suspension effects, or variables like air pressure and shock compression. Make gradual, incremental changes, take notes and be methodical. Don’t adjust in a hurry before a big ride. Take your time and enjoy the process.
- Smoothlink suspensionSmoothlink™ suspension is efficient yet supple when you’re on the pedals and across a wide range of gears. It features a controlled end-stroke and a rate-curve that feels more capable than the travel would suggest. This four-bar suspension design philosophy is centred on ride characteristics; each bike platform we develop balances variables like anti-squat, axle path, chain growth, rate curve, anti-rise, etc. to achieve the legendary Rocky Mountain ride feel.
- Smoothwall carbonSmoothwall™ carbon uses one of the world’s most sophisticated carbon processes to deliver industry-leading stiffness-to-weight, ride quality, and durability. We eliminate excess resin and fibres by using rigid internal moulds instead of traditional air bladders. We then utilize different types of carbon in specific frame areas to maximize stiffness and impact resistance while minimizing the overall weight.
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.
|Frame:||SMOOTHWALL™ Carbon Front Triangle. FORM™ Alloy Rear Triangle. Full Sealed Cartridge Bearings. Press Fit BB. Internal Cable Routing. 2-Bolt ISCG05 Tabs. RIDE-9™ Adjustable Geometry + Suspension Rate|
|Fork:||RockShox Lyrik Select RC 160mm 37mm Offset|
|Rear Shock:||RockShox Super Deluxe Select+|
|Headset:||FSA Orbit NO.57E|
|Stem:||Rocky Mountain 35 AM|
|Bars:||Rocky Mountain AM 780mm|
|Front Brake:||Shimano SLX Trail 4 Piston / Shimano RT66 180mm|
|Rear Brake:||Shimano SLX Trail 4 Piston / Shimano RT66 180mm|
|Brake Lever:||Shimano SLX Trail 4 Piston|
|Rear Mech:||Shimano XT|
|Rims:||WTB ST Light i30 TCS 2.0 Tubeless|
|Front Hub:||Rocky Mountain Sealed Boost 15mm Torque Cap|
|Rear Hub:||DT Swiss 370 Boost 148mm|
|Spokes:||DT Swiss Competition 2.0/1.8/2.0|
|Front Tyre:||Maxxis Minion DHF WT EXO Tubeless Ready 27.5 x 2.5|
|Rear Tyre:||Maxxis Aggressor WT EXO Tubeless Ready 27.5 x 2.5|
|Seat Post:||Race Face Aeffect R Dropper 30.9mm|
|Saddle:||WTB Volt Race 142|
|Chainset:||Race Face Aeffect Cinch 34T Steel|
|Bottom Bracket:||Shimano SM-BBMT500|
|Cassette:||Shimano SLX 10-51T|
|Pedals:||Basic Resin Flat|